SALVATION - GOD SO LOVED
Introduction: The greatest news mankind has ever heard! Jesus the Son of God has come to earth to forgive sins. This Good News message are the greatest words ever spoken which came out of the lips of God . It is God loving us, not angels, not kings or rulers, but God Himself who loves us. This love is not just a general love, but a love that has no boundaries, yet is directing also to us personally. God's love gave His Son, it had a great cost, sacrifice to it. God gave what was precious to Him so that He could gain us as His child also. It was not one of His many Sons that He gave, but rather His only Son.
The most familiar salvation verse in the Bible.
1. Words spoken by Jesus to a confused religious man.
2. Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews, has come seeking salvation.
a. He has been told he must be born again and doesn't understand.
b. Jesus explained the new birth with this promise of eternal life.
We need to follow the example of Christ.
1. Our task is not to make the simple complicated.
2. We are to make deep truth understandable.
Jesus helps a confused man understand salvation.
Salvation - God So Loved!
SALVATION BEGINS WITH GOD'S LOVE
A. "For God so loved the world."
1. See how all-encompassing God's love is!
2. It begins at the cross and extends to the world.
B. God's love is available to every sinner.
1. This love reaches out to you and me.
2. This message must flow from our church to the community.
SALVATION RESTS ON THE PRICE PAID BY GOD'S SON
A. "He gave his only begotten Son."
1. This is the proof of God's love.
2. Here is love enough to save sinners.
B. Imagine how this great news affected Nicodemus.
1. He was religious but learned his religion couldn't save him.
2. Now he hears the best news of his life: God loves him.
3. What the Law could not do, God's grace accomplished.
C. The cross guarantees salvation to all who respond to God's call.
SALVATION IS ATTAINED BY FAITH ALONE
A. Those who believe in Him will not perish.
B. Nicodemus knew nothing of this kind of assurance.
1. He was very religious but lost.
2. Now Jesus assures him he can be saved.
3. His salvation will be by faith in Christ.
C. What great relief this must have brought to Nicodemus.
D. The same salvation is available to every sinner today.
SALVATION - GOD SO LOVED!