January 17, 2020
THREE CONSTANTS IN AN AGE OF CHANGE
(Remaining the same in all circumstances)
We live in a changing world. Each generation witness changes that would amaze their ancestors. Scientific and technological breakthroughs have changed lifestyles. Even weather patterns and common locations of natural disasters change.
Three things are constants; They remain the same.
1. God’s power to save remains the same.
2. God’s ability to hear and answer prayer remains the same.
3. The destructiveness of sin remains the same.
Let us explore these unchanging truths.
GOD’S POWER TO SAVE REMAINS THE SAME
A. “Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened that it cannot save.”
1. This is a statement that has remained true through the ages.
2. It is a statement that will remain true forever.
B. God is able to save from physical danger.
1. He opened the Red Sea to save Israel from Pharaoh’s army.
2. He delivered Daniel from death in the lion’s den.
3. Hasn’t God saved you from physical danger?
C. God is able to save the soul from death.
1. He saved religious Nicodemus from dead legalism.
2. He saved the thief on the cross and guaranteed him paradise.
3. Hasn’t God saved your soul from death?
4. God’s power to save remains the same today.
GOD’S ABILITY TO HEAR AND ANSWER PRAYER REMAINS THE SAME
A. “Neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear.”
B. God heard the prayer of His people while they were slaves in Egypt.
1. He called Moses to deliver them and tell them He had heard their prayers.
2. He promised to bring them into a good land flowing with milk and honey.
C. God has given great promises of answered prayer throughout the Bible.
1. He invited Jeremiah to pray big and expect answers (Jeremiah 33:3)
2. Jesus invited believers to ask and receive (Matt.7:7-8).
D. The early church prayed and thousands came to Christ.
E. Christians prove God answers prayer every day in their personal lives.
F. Churches pray and demonstrate God’s promises of answered prayer are true.
God’s Power to Save Remains the Same
God’s Ability to Hear and Answer Prayer Remains the Same
THE DESTRUCTIVENESS OF SIN REMAINS THE SAME
A. “Your iniquities have separated between you and your God.”
B. Sin in our lives keeps our prayers from being answered.
1. “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me (Ps. 66-18)
2. We cannot escape the consequences of sin (Num. (32:23)
Our need for Salvation Remains the Same.
The Love of God for Sinners Remains the Same.
The Way of Salvation Remains the Same.
Responsive Reading; Isaiah 59:1-4