September 18, 2022
Sermon Series: Believers Are To Sow The Gospel Seed
Sermon # 7
WHAT’S A MISSIONARY TO DO?
We are living in a day and time where there is a great opportunity for a missionary movement. But in the midst of it all, many of us who profess to be Christians, have become stationaries. Now, do you know the difference between a missionary and a stationary? A missionary is one who has been commission by God to share the Gospel with unbelievers. Now, a stationary is one who is unmoving, immobile, anchored, rooted, at a standstill. Stationaries receive all they can, and sit on the can! They are satisfied where they are!
This text explores a great missionary chapter. Paul desires Israel’s salvation (v.1). Today’s text is one for soul winners (v. 9-13).
These questions stress the urgency of missions in verse 14:
1. How shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
2. How shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?
3. How shall they hear without a preacher?
The strategy of missions is sending and speaking (v. 15).
What do these sent ones do?
I. MISSIONARIES TRAVEL (v. 15)
A. “How beautiful are the feet!”
1. Our feet enable us to travel
2. They take us across the street or around the world
B. Missionary work is about going
1. “Go ye therefore and teach all nations” (Matt. 28:18-20)
2. “Go ye therefore into all the world” (Mark 16:15)
3. “Ye shall be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8)
4. Missionary work calls for a concern for all lost people
II. MISSIONARIES TALK (v. 15)
A. “Of them that preach”
B. Missionaries talk to people
1. They talk to people in real life situations (daily contacts)
2. They talk to people about physical and spiritual issues
C. Missionary work is more than gathering statistics
D. Missionary work is about loving people
1. It is about meeting people where they are
2. It is about seeing people as God sees them
E. Missionary work is about talking to people about Christ
III. MISSIONARIES TRANSFORM LIVES WITH THE GOSPEL (v. 15)
A. “Of them that preach the gospel of peace”
B. Missionaries have a message that changes people
1. It is a message for troubled hearts
2. It is a message that brings peace with God
3. It is a message that brings inner peace
C. This message is the Gospel; delivering any other message is not missionary work
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL? (1 Cor. 15:3-4)
1. Christ dies for our sins according to the Scriptures
2. Christ was buried and rose again according to the Scriptures
Responsive Reading: Romans 10:1-15